About the Program
The commencement date of batches will be communicated to selected candidates shortly after the interview process. This is ongoing, and changes from batch to batch.
- The Program has a blended curriculum comprising of classroom inputs,e-learning and On-the-Job Internship.
- The course structure includes sessions on core banking, specialized areas in banking, sales, general management, etiquette, grooming, personal presentation and language.
- The classroom sessions will be conducted at the Amity Global Business School campus in Noida and the internship (3 months) will take place at any of the HDFC Bank branches in India. The Institute (Amity) reserves the right to decide whether classes are to be conducted in person on campus, or through virtual means. This will be communicated to selected students.
- The students are paid an educational grant every month for the 5-month duration of the Program and a stipend during the 3 months’ internship period.
- On successful completion of the Program, the students will be employed with HDFC Bank.
The duration of the program is 8 months comprising of 5 months’ full time residential classroom training and 3 months of internship at any of the HDFC Bank Branches located anywhere in India.
Qualification (As on 01.01.2022): Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by Central Government with 50% or above graduation percentage.
Age: Anyone between the age group of 21-26 years.
Those who successfully complete this 8-months intensive Program will be awarded a Certification in “Banking Services” .
The Program is fully residential only for the first 5 months. Hostel accommodation is provided to all students by Amity Global Business School. In case deemed by Amity Global Business School for the classroom stint to be done via virtual means, the accommodation facility will not be applicable.
Regular academic lectures will be supplemented by lectures by experts from the Industry and interaction with leaders from HDFC Bank on a periodic basis. Library services will include access to various study material prepared for the Program. On successful completion of the 5 month classroom session, HDFC Bank also provides a 3 month On-the-job Internship program which will provide the student with real time exposure to the working of a Bank.
The Program will be conducted on the Amity Global Business School campus in Noida. The first 5 months of the program is of a fully residential on-campus format. In the next 3 months, students will undertake an internship program and will be based at any of the HDFC Bank Branches across the country. It is at the discretion of Amity Global Business School if they wish to conduct the classroom session of 5 months via virtual means (owing to the health & safety situation at the time). If virtual, candidates will be informed of the same prior to admission.
Internship placements are at the sole discretion of the bank. Arrangements for accommodation and travel with respect to the internship will have to be managed by the candidate themselves.
The regular class timing will be from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. There will also be special guest lectures and assignments outside these timings as well.
Leave would be given only with the specific permission of the Head of Program at ASIBAS campus and Program Coordinator. The same has to be in accordance to the leave guidelines laid down.
The certificate will be issues on the successful completion of the Program which means that the candidate needs to:
- Attend and pass each course of study as prescribed in the curriculum to earn the requisite number of credits required by the Program.
- Satisfactorily fulfil other academic requirements as specified in the curriculum. These will include practical training, work visits, seminars, project submissions etc.
- Successfully complete the 8-month program.
HDFC Bank guarantees the job to candidates who have successfully completed the Program. HDFC Bank will not be in a position to provide a job to candidates who do not successfully complete the Program.
In case of the latter, the Provisional Letter of Appointment given at the start of the Program will stand withdrawn without any recourse to the candidate. Also Fees paid for the course or any other expenses incurred with regards to the Program, will not be refunded. HDFC Bank or Amity Global Business School will not be liable to provide employment to unsuccessful candidates.
The selection will be through a multi-stage selection process comprising of:
- Online Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview
HDFC Bank reserves the right to modify requirements without prior intimation.
Candidates are requested to keep available the following documents for the interview process:
- Updated resume copy
- Original education certificates (consolidated marksheets / pass certificate(s)/ degree certificates)
- Original PAN Card
Internship & Final Placement
All the applicants selected will be given a Provisional Letter of Appointment at the time of joining the course at Amity Global Business School. A job confirmation will be offered on the successful completion of the program. (5 months classroom & 3 months internship).
Candidates may be placed in any of the HDFC Bank branches across the country depending on the requirements that may arise from time to time. Placement is solely at the discretion of the HDFC Bank.
HDFC Bank provides the option of easy financing of the Program fee to all students who are selected for the Program.
Upon selection, applicants will be given the option to self-fund the Program or avail of a student’s loan from HDFC Bank.
Yes, the applicant has the option of self-funding the Program. In which case, the entire program fee plus applicable taxes will have to be deposited to Amity Global Business School prior to joining the Program. The procedure for doing so will be explained in greater detail in the Letter of Admission issued to the applicant.